Thursday, July 28, 2011

Give Credit Where It's Due

As an MBA student, I have found a lot of ways to distract myself from school work. Frequently checking my Google Reader for breaking news is always a reliable way to take a break from studying up on negotiation strategies.

Last week I came across this Forbes.com article about 'Hills' alum, Lauren Conrad. The girl has been busy ever since she left reality TV; publishing books, authoring multiple blogs, showing up on magazine covers. And now it's rumored that she's been scoping out locations to open a bakery. But she's totally under the radar now by skipping all the MTV shenanigans so she avoids being overexposed.


I've been pretty excited about her new Paper Crown fashion line coming this fall, so I scoped out her multi-subject blog. Lauren's blog is personal without being overly self promoting. I fell in love with the clean look, but one thing stuck with me: those Polaroids. And thus the new look for Silk Road Pearls was formed.
From LaurenConrad.com



I've been taking pictures for more than 10 years, and come from a long line of photogs on my Dad's side (Suenami was notorious for taking literally thousands of shots at Dave Clark's Bryant Football games). So I feel honored to share the pictures I've collected from my travels. Most of my photos are now taken with the instagr.am app on my iPhone. It's so easy to use, and the filters the app provides instantly enhances any picture.


At the Great Wall of China last year

Right now I'm down in New Orleans (can't escape the heat I guess) for Julie and Shaun's wedding. I'll be posting about all the wonderful flavors of NOLA in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment