Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Gems of New England Come on a Bun

I've been a little sad lately knowing that my time as a Boston resident dwindles. There are so many little things I'll miss:

1. There's no beating a hot lobster roll at Neptune Oyster (a rare indulgence to the tune of $25 for a solid pound of lobster slathered with warm butter).


2. And I could go on for hours about oysters: raw from just about anywhere, fried with chipolte aoli from Redbones BBQ in Somerville.

Oysters in Po' Boy form - check out all those BBQ sauces in the background
3. There's nothing better than a cold Dark and Stormy on a hot Boston day. The drink is a New England specialty made with dark rum and ginger beer topped with a lime. It's a toss up between Kracken Rum (crazy octopus) vs. Gosling's Dark Rum (cute seal). Ginger beer, not to be confused with ginger ale, is also offered by Gosling's as well as Barritt's

4. Boston is home to Harvard, MIT, BC, BU, and my alma mater Northeastern. But you've got to hand it to these Berkeley School of Music students for their twist on Sox fan's favorite song in the 7th inning ('Sweet Caroline' by Boston Legend Neil Diamond).


My instag.am shot down Yawkee Way towards Fenway - love the Pru in the background


I'm really going to miss this place!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving Dark and Stormy drinks right now, I think they are delicious and so refreshing on a summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, all that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to live in Boston. I have only visited once but fell in love! Never had a lobster roll but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete