Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Southern Wedding Part Two: A Change of Pace

Wearing an 'Add a Pearl' necklace
Yesterday I mentioned that I kept Silk Road Pearls to a bare minimum for the wedding attire - a drastic change of pace for me. For the last year I've been in SRP exclusively, but being a sentimental lady I had to pull some great old pieces out for Julie's wedding.

For starters, I wore my Mother's very classic pearl necklace - a graduated 'Add a Pearl' necklace. A single large high quality pearl is given on a special occasion, and the receiver adds two pearls on either side every year. It's a very practical way to own a high quality pearl necklace, and it's a very special gift. My Mother received her 'Add a Pearl' necklace from a family she babysat for when she was growing up in Missouri.

Besides the 'Add a Pearl' necklace and the charm bracelet I posted yesterday, I also wore jewelry Mike had given me for my birthday last year - these murano glass bracelets. They're very versatile and go with just about everything.

In the spirit of the wedding, I also wore my Gran's wedding band and engagement ring (a pearl instead of a diamond, how fitting!). I also carried her pearl clutch that still has a lace hankie in it - once used to whisk off any glisten from the hot humid air.

Gran's engagement and wedding ring


My kate spade's and Jenna's cute blue sandals!
The other fun item I broke out for the occasion was a kate spade purchase - these Charm shoes can't help but make you smile.

But it wasn't just the jewelry that changed: the scenery set the mood for fun (on Bourbon St. especially) and southern charm. Read more about what the city had to offer in tomorrow's post, Part Three of 'A Southern Wedding' series.

And don't forget to visit Vineyard Loveknots for details on how to enter the Silk Road Pearls Giveaway ending 8/14!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the accessories! :)

    I'm new to blogging and would love for you to stop by for a visit! http://carolinaonmymind1223.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the accessories! Especially shoes! =]

    ReplyDelete