Friday, August 5, 2011

The Haircut From Hell

For real, it was this bad.
A word of warning about Groupons: when you use them for services - like haircuts - it doesn't mean that the salon will send out it's best and brightest. Case and point was last year when I got the most haneous haircut with DJ Tanner bangs. There was no fixing this.

So I tried to deal with it for a while, but I just couldn't rock that classic 80's look. So I went back to the salon and gave in to getting full on, all the way across the forehead bangs. Not exactly the best situation for the Indian summer heat at the end of August.

The giant headband
But I soldiered on, working those bangs as best I could. My Mom was privy to my true thoughts about these bangs, and sent a few headbands to assist with this catastrophe. Thankfully, these did just the trick.

I've managed to amass quite a collection of hair accessories a year later. My favorites have come from Nordstrom, particularly this obnoxiously large sparkly one I wore to Matt and Julia's wedding. It comes in tons of great colors (orange, purple, pink, yellow, and black).

The other great place to find cute hair accessories is J. Crew, although right now they're pretty bare bones. If all else fails, those Goody or Scunci thin headbands in neutral colors (blacks, browns, whites) are a simple add. Plus they're available at any CVS or Walgreens, so breaking one is no big deal (though sporting a new one makes you feel like your head is in a vise for a day or two).

Now mind you, I looked more like I was 12 trying to be a real life Polly Pocket, but the only downside to this is getting ID'ed more often. It was a manageable side effect, and generally happens anyway because the Tall Guy still has a full head of hair.




The unexpected upside was that I ended up giving a face to the icon in my logo. I try to be that classy lady every time I put on Silk Road Pearls. Sometimes I'm more successful than others, but the point is that they make me feel unique and give me the same outlook as when I rock an outfit that's just right.


Don't forget to visit Vineyard Loveknots for entry details for the Silk Road Pearls giveaway going on until 8/14!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I used to look like DJ when I was little so I totally get your pain!

    ReplyDelete